- By DPU International College
- Posted December 9, 2015
Students should start planning their exchange programs at least 1 year prior to their exchange period.
1 year before the exchange
- Inform your program director regarding the exchange program that you are interested in.
- The program director, together with the DPUIC committee, will interview you in order to evaluate your GPA, personality, maturity, and English proficiency.
- If your interview has been successful, you will be informed within 2 weeks.
- The DPUIC committee will consider your course enrollment at the overseas university. This process may take up to 2 months.
6 months before the exchange
- Gather application materials:
- Overseas university application form
- DPUIC Transcript
- Letter from DPUIC confirming your student status & English proficiency
- Passport-size photos
- Copy of passport and ID card
- Other documents as required by the overseas university
- The overseas university’s application process may take up to 2 months.
4 months before the exchange
- If the overseas university has accepted your application, you will then receive an acceptance letter. You need this letter to apply for a student visa.
- A visa application may take from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on the visa application materials.
- Buy an airplane ticket, book accommodation, and find out about the city in which you will be studying.
1 month before the exchange
- Confirm to both DPUIC and the overseas university regarding:
- Your departure/arrival dates
- Your contact details overseas
- Your registered courses at the overseas university
- Farewell party with your DPUIC friends!
1 month after the exchange
- Report back to DPUIC and confirm the tentative date when the partner university will send the transcript toy you.
- Pay tuition and administrative fees for the semesters that you have been away