- Modified December 17, 2016
International students enrolled at DPUIC must obtain a non-immigrant education visa. The education visa must be renewed after 3 months and then on an annual basis.
Please be sure to review this document to understand the basics of maintaining your non-immigrant education visa. Please contact our staff if you are unsure which documents to submit or if you require our assistance to complete one of the following immigration processes.
In order to obtain and extend your non-immigrant education visa, you will need to collect the following items and present them to DPUIC at least 3 weeks prior to the expiration of your current visa:
- Completed Application For Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom (TM.7)
- One 4 x 6 cm color photograph
- Original passport with attached Departure Card (TM.6)
- Enrollment Documents:
- Acceptance Letter to DPUIC***
- DPUIC Tuition Receipt
- A copy of your DPUIC student ID card
- A copy of your high school diploma (or its equivalent)***
- Registration Payment Invoice
- Grade Report Semester / Academic Year
- A document verifying your place of residence
- Visa extension processing fee of 1,900 Baht
*** Only required for 1st year students
Foreigners living in Thailand must also report to any Thai Immigration Bureau every 90 days. The purpose of this visit is to report where you currently reside. The process requires one to complete and submit Form TM.47 entitled “Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days” One can begin the process up to 7 days prior to the 90 day deadline.
There are no fees associated with submitting this form unless one reports after the 90 day deadline. Those who allow the 90 day deadline to expire will be required to pay a 2,000 – 5,000 Baht penalty.
Note: the 90 day report currently being changed to allow you to complete the report online.